Traditional makiełki made in a Mediterranean style? The world is still open to us - even if recently only in the realm of cooking. If we can combine and mix what we like best, so much the better.
Italian pasta in sweet mode - Conghilioni with poppy seed, caramel sauce and almonds
What to buy?
- 300 g of conghilioni pasta
- 400 g of ready-made poppy-seed mixture
- 200 ml of whipping cream (36%) (chilled)
- 50 g of almonds in flakes
- 100 g of sugar
- 30 g of butter
- 80 ml of whipping cream (30%)
How to prepare?
- Boil the pasta until it becomes soft and pour into a sieve. Then pour cold water over the pasta. Fry the almonds in a pan – no oil.
- Whisk the 36% cream in a ceramic bowl and place the poppy seed mixture in a large bowl. Then mix the cream into the poppy seed mixture adding small batches of cream and stir slowly. Spoon the mixture into the pasta shells. Arrange the shells on a plate and pour the sauce or honey over the pasta and sprinkle with roasted almonds.
Melt 100g of sugar in a pan, until it becomes golden brown, add 30g of butter, stir, and then slowly add 80ml of cream (30%) while stirring.
You can use honey instead of the sauce.