At home, making and decorating gingerbread is one of our pre-Christmas traditions. I also know many adults who – whenever they have the opportunity – do this with a passion that brings back joyous childhood memories.
It’s not only about gingerbread - Carrot flavoured muffins
What to buy?
- 3 medium-sized carrots or 2 glasses of carrot shavings
- 120 ml of vegetable oil
- 250 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 300 g of wheat flour
- 150 g of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 teaspoons of gingerbread spice (without starch))
* zero waste (you can make a carrot juice and use the shavings left to make a cake)
How to prepare?
- Wash the peeled carrots or the carrot chips and put in a bowl. Add oil, milk, egg and whisk.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and gingerbread spice and gently mix to combine all ingredients. Do not do it for too long.
- Put the muffin paper cases into the muffin baking tray and fill them up with the mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180°C.