I usually focus on simple and quick recipes that work well both for special occasions and for casual meetings with friends.
Mushrooms al forno – crispy pasties with wild mushrooms and poppy seed
What to buy?
- 2 sheets of ready-made puff pastry
- 20 g of dried boletus
- 400 g of frozen bay boletes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 spoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Poppy seed
- Salt, pepper, rosemary or thyme
How to prepare?
- Soak the dried mushrooms for at least 2 hours. Thaw out the frozen mushrooms at room temperature.
- Dice the onion, garlic and mushrooms. First, fry the onion and garlic in oil until it becomes golden brown. Then add the mushrooms, season with salt, pepper and herbs and fry until all is combined. Finally, add breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly before turning off the heat.
- Place one piece of dough on top of the other, spread the mushroom stuffing evenly. Leave a 5 cm strip on the longer side of the dough. Brush this side with whipped egg.
- Start rolling the longer part of the dough – begin with the part with the stuffing as a strip will help to stick the roll together.
- Now cut the roll into 12 equal pieces. Put baking paper on a baking tray.
- Place each slice flat on the baking tray and press lightly with your hand. Brush all the pieces with a beaten egg and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake at 180°C for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.