As a child, I remember carp mainly as being a tenant of the bathroom before Christmas. Today it makes me happy mainly for its taste - especially in a more modern culinary version.
Tradition moves with the times - carp in almonds
What to buy?
- 3 medium-sized skinless carp fillets
- 1l of milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 200 g of flaked almonds
- salt, pepper
* fit & healthy
How to prepare?
- Put the carp fillets in a large bowl, add slices of garlic. Pour in the milk, cover and put overnight in the fridge.
- Completely drain the fillets from the marinade. Dry them with a paper towel. Cut across the filet and divide into thick strips.
- Beat the eggs and add 1 tablespoon of cold water. Put the almonds into a bowl. Sprinkle the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Then soak them in the egg mixture and coat them generously in almonds.
- Fry both sides in oil until they become brown. If the fish and the almonds start to burn, bake the fillets in the oven at 160°C for about 10 minutes.