The ROCKWOOL competence center will move its headquarters to the third building of the Nowy Rynek complex currently under construction – a Skanska project in Poznań. The company will occupy approx. 6,000 sqm of modern office space. Experts from JLL advised ROCKWOOL on the selection of the location, during the negotiation of lease terms, as well as preparing the company's long-term lease strategy.
This is the second lease agreement between the Skanska office company and ROCKWOOL, a world leader in the production of rock mineral wool, as well as a supplier of products, systems and solutions to improve energy efficiency, acoustics and fire safety in buildings. Currently, the ROCKWOOL Poznań office is located in the Maraton office building, also developed and constructed by Skanska.
- The Maraton office building is the perfect place to begin our operations in Poznań, says Ewelina Płocieniczak, Head of the ROCKWOOL Global Business Service Center. Over the last 3 years of expanding our company’s operations in Poznań (increasing the number of employees while expanding our competences portfolio), modern office spaces and the best conditions for our specialists have been crucial for us. The decision to move to a new office building shows how seriously we are about Poznań in terms of long-term investments in human capital.
Poznań offers great conditions for the development of companies from various industries. This has resulted in either many tenants expanding in existing office buildings or deciding to move to new office schemes. A very good example of this is ROCKWOOL’s decision to enter Nowy Rynek. What’s also important is that high demand drives developer activity. According to JLL data, in 2019 a record breaking 86,000 sqm was delivered to Poznań's office market.
Budynek D, to which ROCKWOOL will move, is being built at the intersection of Wierzbięcice and Wujka streets. Currently, above-ground works are underway on the construction site. So far, an underground car park has been built that can accommodate about 260 cars. As part of this stage, there will also be approx. 80 bicycle spaces and convenient changing rooms for cyclists. The office building will provide approx. 39,000 sqm of space for rent. The building is scheduled for completion in the second quarter of 2021.
WELL for the first time in Poznań
Nowy Rynek will be the first office building in the capital of Greater Poland voivodeship to apply for the WELL Core & Shell certificate. WELL certified office buildings provide employees with the highest level of comfort and healthy working conditions. Like all Skanska's new investments, the office building will also apply for LEED and "Building Without Barriers" certificates.
- Continuing our cooperation with ROCKWOOL - the company that once again chose one of our buildings in Poznań - is a great distinction for us and confirmation that Skanska offers the highest quality office spaces. The great interest of tenants shows that Nowy Rynek is currently one of the best office addresses in Poznań, says Małgorzata Wojtoń, leasing manager at the Skanska office company in Poland, and adds: Nowy Rynek is also proof that Skanska creates the most sustainable offices, also in Greater Poland. In addition to the LEED and Building Without Barriers certificates, it will be the first complex in Poznań applying for the WELL Core & Shell certificate.
Many modern solutions will be used in the office building to facilitate everyday tasks. It will include the Connected by Skanska, an integrated operating system created for all office users, as well as tenants and managers, thanks to which they will be able to use numerous functions related to office infrastructure and space. Thanks to a dedicated mobile application, employees will be able to get inside the building without the need for traditional access cards or use a virtual reception desk, creating virtual invitations for guests, who will be able to get to the meeting without having to register at the main reception.
Nowy Rynek D will be the first building in the complex with a ventilation and temperature control system based on cooling beams, which ensure greater thermal comfort, cleaner air and quiet operation.
Nowy Rynek: key facts and figures:
- Total usable area (in 5 buildings): over 100,000 sqm.
- Total area of the third building -"D" in the complex: approx. 39,000 sqm.
- Planned date of completion: Q2 2021.
- Parking spaces in the D building: approx. 260
- Bicycle parking spaces in the D building: approx. 80
- Certification: WELL, LEED Platinum, Building Without Barriers
- General contractor of the building: Skanska S.A.
- Author of the D building architectural design: Medusa group